The Basics (Common Sense)
While there are a number of factors that we evaluate to determine whether or not we remove content, there are are some basic rules that everyone on Pinguin should follow.
Do not post content that:
- Depicts pornography or sexual acts.This includes intercourse, masturbation, and sexual nudity. Nudity that is intentionally artistic, educational, or associated with newsworthy events may be acceptable. We also have zero tolerance for any form of child sexual exploitation.
- Promotes or depicts unnecessary violence or graphic imagery. We understand that sometimes graphic content can be newsworthy, so we may allow broadcasts that are deemed as such.
- Encourages, promotes, or depicts self-harm or suicide.
- Is spammy. This includes broadcasting for the sole purpose of directing users to an external site or service or posting deliberately misleading broadcast titles.
- Has an unlawful purpose or furthers illegal activity. We ask that you agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
- Intends to impersonate a person or brand with the intent to mislead, confuse, or deceive others. Parody, commentary, or fan accounts should be labeled as such.
- Infringes on another’s intellectual property. We will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law and are properly provided to us. If you believe that your content has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you can report it to us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do not engage in dialogue or behavior that:
- Intends only to incite or engage in the targeted harassment of others. This includes content that promotes the abuse of other people or the disruption of another person’s broadcasting experience.
- Directly or indirectly threatens or encourages any form of physical violence against an individual or any group of people.
- Discloses or threatens to expose someone’s private information without their consent. This includes releasing another person’s private or confidential contact info, or their videos or images that are considered and treated as private under applicable laws.
We’re committed to doing our part to keep our community safe. You can also help us maintain a strong and vibrant community. Here is how you can help:
- As a Pinguin user, you can control viewing spammy or abusive people by blocking them from their user profile. Simply tap on their user profile image and tap “Hide” (which effectively blocks the user) and you will no longer see their messages in the feed.
- If you see an offensive, abusive, or spammy comment made in a channel, you can report it by double-tapping on the comment and selecting the appropriate report option.
- If you see something that you think may violate our Guidelines, please report it by using our in-app feedback system. We have a team that reviews these reports and works as quickly as possible to remove content that violates our Community Guidelines.
- You may find content that offends you or that you simply don’t like, but that doesn’t violate the Community Guidelines. If that happens, you can unfollow or hide (which effectively blocks) the user who posted it.
- If you come across an issue or problem that can’t be addressed through the above outlined actions, you can notify our team by writing to us at email@example.com. Please provide as much information as possible, including links, usernames, and a description of the issue you’re having.
- We ask that you seek to understand the diverse opinions and viewpoints that are represented on Pinguin. If you find yourself in a disagreement, it can oftentimes be resolved by simply disengaging from the back and forth with the individual(s) involved.